I think of it when i drink a glass of milk

I think of it when i drink a glass of milk

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Unesco Nature Photo competition

The first thing hit my mind was the photo of flies mating! It was a unforgettable experience as I never expect to have a shot of that. They just fly away within a 'tick'and despite of that I made it! However, i did not have the time to change my lens into to magnify it and this is my best shot!


Photo taken at Jeli Umk Campus, early evening.

and my second photo was

The theme : The bloom
Time : 3 pm
Date : 25- 06-2010
Venue : Washington D.C

Caption:
Bunga tahi ayam rupa - rupanya cantik juga!

Lantana Camara or Bunga Tahi Ayam - 
A native of America, this herbaceous shrub like plant, has made a home in Malaysia. The flowers are in a cluster, shaped like an umbrella. They come in various colors though the orange and yellow are the most popular. They have hairy thorny stems and rough leaves have a strong and sharp aroma that is almost pungent. 
bunga Tahi Ayam( local meaning ) ~chicken's droppings~

Unfortunately, I did not win the competition but very much satisfies with the remarks from the professional photographer for my first picture " The moments are very expensive"



Hoping my best to conduct more of this simple activities to encourage students to enjoy taking photographs of the nature and feel the love for the nature!Anyway thanks to Unesco and Umk for giving me the opportunity to submit my best shots of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment